Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Headlines to Make the Blood Curdle

I promised myself that this blog would remain faithful to the production of "A Headline Romance" and I intend to keep that promise despite the the last month of bad news. So here's how the latest events in the Middle East are affecting our production.

The irony of the situation does not go unnoticed, believe me, but caught outside of my home country, Lebanon, whilst it's literally being bombed to rubble, I find myself with little time left for work on this movie between combing the internet for latest on the situation, going to every other protest and rally, writing emails to friends stuck in Beirut, calling other Lebanese people here and growing nice healthy ulcers mulling this tragedy over.

The real damage to the film comes in trying to raise funds for it. Sentiments are stoked to a venemous rage on both sides of the semitic spectrum and any call for sympathy towards the other side will only be met with belligerence.

I haven't even been able to get any straight feedback on the latest draft of the script as everyone I know is either mourning what's happening to Lebanon or stuck in it. Who's going to want to read something about loving Israelis?

I know that it becomes even more important to make this movie now because of what's happening, but my conviction stands in the face of everyone's anger and it will be very difficult to bring myself to ask for money for a movie when my country is on the brink of perishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home