Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Another Stab

I’ve straightened up my room so that it exists in perpendiculars, I’ve folded my clothes into neat packets of anality, I’ve hoovered the cracks between the floorboards, I’ve called my friends till my tinnitus overcame the ringtone and I’ve sworn off my regular procrastination crutch (for those who know, please appreciate). Which leaves nothing between me and another rewrite but this blog entry…

It shouldn’t be that bad though as our munificent course director, Gerry, did not trash the last draft and I do have some fresh ideas I want to try out. The light at the end of the tunnel doesn’t seem that far anymore. Mind you I am at the stage where I don’t know what is working and what isn’t anymore and I’ve still got the bloody ending to solve.

My biggest fear is that I’ve cornered myself into a narrative stalemate. My assertion about the message behind the script is what is making the ending unsolvable. Am I simply being stubborn and not allowing the piece to breathe?

3 Comments:

Blogger the fdz said...

Guess what; it's two in the AM and I've managed to write nothing worthwhile... Time to shoot myself. G'night.

6/7/06 2:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just to say hello... and good life

25/7/06 5:30 am  
Blogger the fdz said...

I'm writing a post, almost two months later; I find myself in the same tight squeeze. The script needs a major rewrite before we go into shooting but by the end of every day I'm just so bloody exhausted I don't have the energy for much.

24/8/06 2:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home